Watertown Parking Regulations
- Parking on all Watertown streets is prohibited for more than one hour between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. This regulation is strictly enforced from November through April.
- Parking on all Watertown streets is prohibited for more than two consecutive hours from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, Monday through Saturday unless otherwise posted.
- Parking Meters
- Parking meters are in effect in the Watertown Square Municipal Parking Lot from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday except Sunday and legal holidays.
- Parking meters in effect at all other locations in Watertown from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday except Sunday and legal holidays.
- State law prohibits any vehicle from parking within 20 feet of any intersecting way.
Winter Off Street Parking Locations
From November to April, the Town’s overnight parking restriction is strictly enforced. The regulation reads in part; “No vehicle may remain on any public way for more than one hour between the hours of 1AM and 6AM all days of the week”.
For residents who lack sufficient off-street parking, the Town allows for temporary parking at any municipal parking lot and other locations specified in the yearly announcement found on the Town website:
Please note that these locations may be used free of charge, however vehicles may only use available spaces after 7PM and must be removed by 7AM the following day. Vehicles must be removed from school property no later than 6AM. Violators may be ticketed and towed.
If you are going on vacation or have guests staying for an extended period of time, please be sure to move the car daily or find other suitable off street parking.
Following any snowstorm, please move your vehicle promptly to allow for Town snow removal apparatus to clear the spaces.
Thank you for your cooperation, if you have any questions, you may contact the Watertown Police Department at 617-972-6500 or the Traffic Office at 617-972-6547 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.